Roush st.3 front bumper'd cars in here!

Blown02

Established Member
Im having the color change completed so Im figuring out the body parts Im going to use..

My car is an 02 gt..
I already have a '00 R hood and bullitt side scoops.
I plan to get a roush st.3 front bumper, v6 rear bumper, 03-04 cobra side skirts, and 03-04 cobra mirrors.
I am undecided as to if Im going to shave the wing holes and go wingless or go with a saleen s281 wing, the one that extends out from the 3rd taillight.

My car was originally zinc yellow.. I had the painter paint the engine bay house of kolor majestic pearl blue aka hok majik pearl blue.. he will complete the color change to a show quality finish, doing the trunk, door jams, etc.etc. all dents, scratches, everything fixed to perfection.
Also, im having him shave the antenna, drivers side key hole, and all emblems.

Please post some pictures of your roush st.3 front bumper setups.. anyone with a s281 wing post up! i wanna see some pics! thanks!

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
I want the rs3 for my GT, I love that bumper, I suggest the Roush wing. Here is some pics of my GT from the rear with it.

mach12.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

2-1.jpg

CobraKalas

Established Member
OP, are you getting side exhaust? if so why a V6 rear bumper unless your running dumps? staying with the GT rear bumper and putting the Roush 'flaps' on would cover up the exhaust tip holes that are cut out and give it a cleaner look. I also recommend the Roush Wing, it looks like a 99 Cobra wing on Steroids. I do have a feeling that one guy who's got the Red-ish orange "stage 3" has a saleen spoiler.. not positive tho

Blown02

Established Member
OP, are you getting side exhaust? if so why a V6 rear bumper unless your running dumps? staying with the GT rear bumper and putting the Roush 'flaps' on would cover up the exhaust tip holes that are cut out and give it a cleaner look. I also recommend the Roush Wing, it looks like a 99 Cobra wing on Steroids. I do have a feeling that one guy who's got the Red-ish orange "stage 3" has a saleen spoiler.. not positive tho
Ive had side exhaust before, but no Im not using side exhaust, too much restriction. the exhaust is dumped up front. its a custom twin race kit by mph.
Hmmm I didnt think about the gt rear with the covers.. I wonder how that would look with 03-04 cobra side skirts.

76mmsaleen

Established Member
Ive had side exhaust before, but no Im not using side exhaust, too much restriction. the exhaust is dumped up front. its a custom twin race kit by mph.
Hmmm I didnt think about the gt rear with the covers.. I wonder how that would look with 03-04 cobra side skirts.
seen your car at mph looking good..

6spd

Established Member
cars look sick, that mach is just unreal. honestly though how many times a day does that bumper scrape the ground? i wish i could do that to my car, with the roads in my city....that bumper would have been torn off within the first day aha

jtcstrat

Established Member
Worst bumper ever IMO, looks better with the full roush kit, but still hate it, too low, grille opening to big, fog lights are off to me, but here it was on my car when i bought it. i quikly traded it for a 99/01 cobra front.

MUSTANGBITCHFINDME-1.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

xtremencrider

Established Member
+ 1 on the bumper sitting low. IMO i think its the best looking bumper. If you want the sleek look go with s3, but if you want the bulky mean look go with a cobra. Just need to have some kind of side skirts besides the gt. Don't have any pics with cobra skirts but it should look fine. As far as the wing goes I have always liked the look of the saleen wing and it might would go well with the s3 bumper in capturing that sleek look, but the roush wing looks go with the bumper. So its all up to you. Heres a couple pics of the front bumper.

l_b91b1c41e433704c15c51cf4b2515af5.jpg

l_449b1fd4112b4d18835036cfa03fccf8.jpg

untitled.jpg

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The Roush bumper is going to look horrible with Cobra side skirts. They are completely different. Either keep the GT sides or get Roush sides without the exhaust cutouts. The V6 bumper will look like crap as well, and the Roush rear panels will only look good with the Roush sides.

Honestly, throwing together a hodge podge of different mustang parts is going to look like shit. Everything should be similarly designed and lined up height-wise from the ground. The Roush bumper is really low, so unless you get really low sides and rears, it'll look dumb.

My94GT

Established Member
im gonna agree, the roush parts only look good when placed on a car as a whole. you can get away with a different hood and spoiler but thats really about it. you need the roush rocker moldings to tie in with the front cover.

if your looking for an open front bumper cover id consider doing a saleen kit as a whole or a roush kit as a whole. or a simple 03\04 cobra front cover has a nice opening in the front. my .02 cents but make sure your happy with what you choose either way youll have a badas car on your hands.

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
I think the profile of the STG3 Front is to low to use with anything but the Roush Skirts.

In addition, I think that if you were to go with the Roush skirts and SGT3 front I suggest you don't go wingless. The wingless look looks good when the car is "lean" looking and the roush kit doesn't allow the mustang to keep that "lean" look.

Again this is just my opinion...Do what you think looks the best.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
The Roush bumper is going to look horrible with Cobra side skirts. They are completely different. Either keep the GT sides or get Roush sides without the exhaust cutouts. The V6 bumper will look like crap as well, and the Roush rear panels will only look good with the Roush sides.

Honestly, throwing together a hodge podge of different mustang parts is going to look like shit. Everything should be similarly designed and lined up height-wise from the ground. The Roush bumper is really low, so unless you get really low sides and rears, it'll look dumb.

im gonna agree, the roush parts only look good when placed on a car as a whole. you can get away with a different hood and spoiler but thats really about it. you need the roush rocker moldings to tie in with the front cover.

if your looking for an open front bumper cover id consider doing a saleen kit as a whole or a roush kit as a whole. or a simple 034 cobra front cover has a nice opening in the front. my .02 cents but make sure your happy with what you choose either way youll have a badas car on your hands.

not sure I agree with you. It's all about proportion and eye tricks. The Roush is a VERY bulky kit. If done correctly you can add parts here and there. I get A LOT of compliments on my skirts. Almost daily actually. I do agree with the rear, though. If you put the rear on without side skirts it will look like the car has a fat ass

to compair...
IMG_1108.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread