See if you’re eligible.
All of our Grantees must meet certain criteria in order to qualify for Google Ad Grants and keep that qualification active. Here’s how your non-profit can qualify.
Changing the world, one country at a time.
We work with more than 20,000 non-profits across more than 50 countries. In order to qualify for a Google Ad Grant, your non-profit must be based in one of these countries.
Here’s how to qualify for Google Ad Grants.
Google Ad Grants is part of the Google for Non-Profits programme. To qualify for Google Ad Grants, your organisation must:
- Begin by applying to Google for Non-Profits.
- Hold valid charity status. Please see the Google for Non-Profits site for definitions of charity status in your country.
- Acknowledge and agree to Google’s required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.
- Have a live website with substantial content.
Governmental entities and organizations, hospitals and medical groups, schools, academic institutions and universities are not eligible for Google for Nonprofits, but philanthropic arms of educational institutions are eligible.
Here’s how to stay qualified.
To maintain your eligibility for Google Ad Grants, your organisation must:
- Link your ads to one (and only one) website domain, which should be the same one that was approved in your initial application.
- Actively manage your AdWords account by logging in once a month and making at least one change to your account every 90 days.
- Your ads and keywords should match your organisation’s programmes and services.
- Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your programme.
- Your ads must not link to pages that are primarily composed of links to other websites.
- Your ads may not offer financial products (like mortgages or credit cards), nor can they request donations of cars, boats or other property.
- Your site can’t display Google AdSense ads or affiliate advertising links.
Google Ad Grantees found in violation of any of these guidelines are subject to removal from the programme. Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organisation's application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google's sole discretion and are not subject to external review.