clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Jays trade for reliever Jeremy Beasley

Arizona Diamondbacks Photo Day Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images

The Blue Jays have picked up Jeremy Beasley in trade from the Diamondbacks for cash considerations. Thomas Hatch was moved to the 60-day IL to make room. Beasley has been sent to the alternate site.

Beasley is a right-handed pitcher, 25-years-old. He’s faced 3 batters in his MLB career. He has a 3.56 ERA in 265 minor league innings, with 92 walks and 256 strikeouts.

From Roto Professor:

He did show an ability to miss bats, with a 13.8% SwStr% overall, but both his control and groundball rate (45.8%) were lackluster. That, along with a limited arsenal, make you think that his future lies in the bullpen. Here’s what Baseball America said about his repertoire:

“His fastball sits at 93-95 mph, and his splitter is an out-pitch he can dominate with. His fringe-average slider and below-average command have most evaluators projecting him in the bullpen, where his fastball-splitter combination projects to play up and make him a potential high-leverage option.”

Welcome to the Blue Jays, Jeremy. I’m sure we’ll be seeing you soon.