« PreviousContinue »
(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication oo) Pub. No.: US 2006/0252512 Al
WALKER et al. (43) Pub. Date: Nov. 9,2006
(54) SYSTEMS, METHODS AND APPARATUS FOR FACILITATING A FLAT RATE PLAY SESSION ON A GAMING DEVICE AND EXAMPLE PLAYER INTERFACES TO A FACILITATE SUCH
(76) Inventors: Jay S. WALKER, Ridgefield, CT (US);
James A. Jorasch, New York, NY
(US); Robert C. Tedesco, Fairfield, CT
2 HIGH RIDGE PARK
STAMFORD, CT 06905 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 11/428,606
(22) Filed: Jul. 5, 2006
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 11/270,016, filed on Nov. 9, 2005, and which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 10/001,089, filed on Nov. 2, 2001, and which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 09/518,760, filed on Mar. 3, 2000, now Pat. No. 6,319,127, which is a continuation of application No. 08/880,838, filed on Jun. 23, 1997, now Pat. No. 6,077,163.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/627,670, filed on Nov. 12, 2004. Provisional application No. 60/637,338, filed on Dec. 17, 2004. Provisional application No. 60/679,138, filed on May 9, 2005. Provisional application No. 60/282,792, filed on Apr. 10, 2001.
(51) Int. CI.
A63F 13/00 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 463/25; 463/13; 463/16; 463/20
In accordance with some embodiments, there is provided a method, apparatus and article of manufacture for providing a flat rate play session using a gaming device. The flat rate play session may define a duration of, for example, a period of time, a number of game plays, and/or a number of qualifying events. In some embodiments, a flat rate play session may define a game and a wager amount per game play. In some embodiments, a player may be allowed to change the game and/or the wager amount per game play during the flat rate play session. In some embodiments, a retail price may be calculated for the flat rate play session based on a number of simulations of the flat rate play session and a desired profit margin. In some embodiments, various user interfaces (e.g., touch-screen menus) may be used to allow a player to select and purchase a flat rate play session. Various user interfaces (e.g., touch-screen menus) may also be used to allow a player to reconfigure a flat rate play session during the duration of the flat rate play session.