(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: us 6,186,752 Bi
Deniega et al. (45) Date of Patent: Feb. 13,2001
(54) PERISTALTIC PUMPING APPARATUS WITH TUBING ORGANIZER
(75) Inventors: Jose C. Deniega, Lake Forest, CA
(US); Tsuyoshi Matsumoto, Tokyo (JP)
(73) Assignee: Baxter International Inc., Deerfield, IL (US)
( * ) Notice: Under 35 U.S.C. 154(b), the term of this patent shall be extended for 0 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 08/907,040
(22) Filed: Aug. 6, 1997
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Continuation of application No. 08/534,740, filed on Sep. 27,1995, now abandoned, which is a division of application No. 08/153,755, filed on Nov. 17, 1993, now Pat. No. 5,460,493.
(51) Int. C I. F04B 43/12
(52) U.S. CI 417/475; 417/477.2; 417/477.9
(58) Field of Search 417/474, 475,
417/476, 477.1, 477.2, 477.9; 604/151,
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
A pump module includes a peristaltic pump having a pump rotor, a drive mechanism to rotate the rotor, and a tubing clamp adjacent to and separate from the peristaltic pump. A cover is movable between a closed position on the pump module, enclosing both the pump rotor and the tubing clamp, and an opened position spaced from the pump module, exposing both the pump rotor and the tubing clamp. The cover carries a tubing organizer, which holds tubing. The tubing organizer serves, as the cover moves toward the closed position, to orient the tubing in a desired way with the pump rotor and tubing clamp. The tubing organizer also serves, as the cover moves toward the opened position, to orient the tubing away from the pump module.
4 Claims, 9 Drawing Sheets