(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: Us 7,853,325 B2
Dabney et al. (45) Date of Patent: *Dec. 14,2010
(54) CYLINDRICAL BANDSTOP FILTERS FOR MEDICAL LEAD SYSTEMS
(75) Inventors: Warren S. Dabney, Orchard Park, NY (US); Kenneth D. Billings, Aiken, SC (US); Bethany M. Hauser, Lockport, NY (US); Brenden Hill, Belfast, NY (US); Gabe Kustra, Cheektowaga, NY (US); Robert A. Stevenson, Canyon Country, CA (US)
(73) Assignee: Greatbatch Ltd., Clarence, NY (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 531 days.
This patent is subject to a terminal disclaimer.
(21) Appl.No.: 11/943,854
(22) Filed: Nov. 21, 2007
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2008/0116997 Al May 22, 2008
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation-in-part of application No. 11/558,349, filed on Nov. 9, 2006, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 11/423,073, filed on Jun. 8, 2006, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 10/123,534, filed on Apr. 15, 2002, now abandoned.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/283,725, filed on Apr. 13, 2001, provisional application No. 60/803,672, filed on Jun. 1, 2006, provisional application No. 60/597,125, filed on Nov. 11, 2005, provisional application No. 60/968,662, filed on Aug. 29, 2007.
(58) Field of Classification Search 607/2,
607/40, 115; 324/318 See application file for complete search history.
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
3,871,382 A 3/1975 Mann
FOREIGN PATENT DOCUMENTS
EP 0243573 A2 11/1987
Ariel Roguin, et al., Modern Pacemaker and Implantable Cardioverter/Defibrillator Systems Can Be Magnetic Resonance Imaging Safe, Circulation—Journal of the American Heart Association, Aug. 4, 2004 (originally published online Jul. 26, 2004), pp. 475-482, American Heart Association, Dallas, Texas, USA.
Primary Examiner—George Manuel
(74) Attorney, Agent, or Firm—Kelly Lowry & Kelley, LLP