(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: Us 7,057,122 Bi
Mizuno et al. (45) Date of Patent: Jun. 6,2006
(54) MULTI-MODE REMOTE CONTROLLER
(75) Inventors: Yuji Mizuno, Chula Vista, CA (US);
Minh Nguyen, Chula Vista, CA (US)
(73) Assignee: SMK Manufacturing Inc., Chula Vista, CA (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 11/109,868
(22) Filed: Apr. 20, 2005
(51) Int. CI.
miH 27/00 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 200/43.04; 200/43.07;
200/573; 200/574; 200/330; 200/331
(58) Field of Classification Search 200/17 R,
200/42.02, 43.01, 43.04, 43.07, 573, 574, 200/329-334, 16 R-16 D, 52 R See application file for complete search history.
A remote controller has a sliding switch which has more than two contacting positions linearly disposed, and a sliding lever to switch among the contacting positions. A slider engaged with the sliding lever and the slider has an angle portion. A first cam piece has a first V-shaped notch to fit the angle portion of the slider. The first cam piece corresponds to one or two of the contacting positions located in a central portion of the sliding switch. A second cam piece has a second V-shaped notch to fit the angle portion. The second cam piece corresponds to two of the contacting positions located on side portions of the sliding switch.