Finding the right audience across millions of websites can be difficult. The Google Display Network lets you get relevant messages in front of potential customers at the right place and time.
- With contextual targeting tools, you can show your ads in the right place, by matching the content of your ads to the content of websites.
- With audience targeting tools, you can show your ads to the right people, by matching your ads to those who’ve already expressed interest in what you’re selling. You can even attract new customers with similar interests and demographics.
Connect with your audience precisely when they show interest
Every day, we all browse the millions of pages on the web to look at what we’re interested in and research our favorite products. Wouldn’t it be great if you could connect with users as they read web content that's directly related to what you're selling, with the precision and accuracy of search advertising? With Google's powerful contextual targeting, you can.
- The display network reaches 92% of internet users. Show them your message and automatically target highly engaged consumers when they're reading about your products and services, in real time.
- Sophisticated technology can scan and understand web page content based on factors like keywords, frequency of words, linguistics, page structure, and more, to make sure your ads are as targeted as they can be.
- Use keyword level targeting and bidding to make sure you reach the right audience. Simply copy your best performing Search keyword campaigns onto display to maximize your spend and reach.
- Zero in on your ideal customers by combining contextual targeting with other targeting, such as remarketing, frequency capping, exclusion controls and other targeting technology.
- To ensure brand safety our technology makes sure your ads don't appear next to undesirable content.
Want to pick your own sites? Do you already know sites that your customers visit? Placement targeting lets you put your message in the best place for your business. You can show your ad on selected web pages, online videos, RSS feeds, and mobile sites.
You can also pinpoint relevant pages on certain websites. You can reach specific types of customers on certain websites by using both contextual and placement targeting at once. If you sell tulip bulbs, for instance, you might choose a website about gardening (placement targeting) and then let Google technology find pages on that website that discuss tulips (contextual targeting).
Bring your customers back to your business
With remarketing, you can reach customers who have shown an interest in your product or service by visiting your site, and show them relevant ads as they browse other sites across the web. It's a powerful way to match the right people with the right message.
When you use remarketing, you tag pages of your site that correspond to certain categories you want to promote. For example, you could add a “TV” tag on all of your pages where you sell televisions, then create a campaign to show tailored messages (such as an ad displaying a special offer on TVs) to people who’ve visited those pages. They would see these ads as they browse other sites across the Google Display Network – reminding them of your product and driving them back to your site to buy.
Interest categories help you reach your target audience across the Google Display Network, showing highly relevant messages to potential customers while they surf the Web.
Choose from a range of interest categories, such as travel, entertainment, sports, or car enthusiasts and we’ll show ads to people that we think are interested in those categories. Individuals can also select the interest categories they want to fall into through the Ads Preferences Manager, which lets them choose the categories of ads they see and helps advertisers reach those who are most likely to buy.
Geographic and Language Targeting
Want to reach English speakers worldwide? Or Spanish speakers in your city? Geographic and language targeting let you display your ad by region, postal code, and language.
For example, you can choose to show your ad only to English or French speakers. If you're opening a new boutique in Manhattan, you can create a grand-opening offer to show just in the New York region. You can also show different ads to consumers in different parts of the country to make it more relevant to them.
Make sure your display ads appear completely on-screen regardless of the user's web browser, monitor size, or screen resolution. By excluding the 'below the fold' category in your AdWords account, ads in your Google Display Network campaign will only appear when the whole ad shows up on the page, with no scrolling required. Find out more
Want your ad to appear before lunch on weekdays? Ad scheduling lets you specify certain hours or days you want your ads to appear. For example, you might schedule your ads to run only on weekdays or from 3:00 until 6:00 p.m. daily. With ad scheduling, a campaign can run all day, every day, or as little as 15 minutes per week. Find out more
Frequency capping limits the number of times any individual can see your ad in one day, week, or month. This can help your message reach a wider audience, not the same customers over and over. Find out more
Want to avoid irrelevant and inappropriate sites? To make sure your ads don't appear next to content that's inappropriate or a bad match, Google reviews Display Network websites using technology and by hand. You can also block your ads from competing sites or from places you find irrelevant to your business using the site and category exclusion tool. Find out more